Saturday, September 19, 2009

Christie Romero

I'm sure you've heard but wanted to post that Christie Romero passed away early this month. I had the chance to meet Christie at the Mexican Silver Exhibit opening in San Antonio. She was so busy and didnt want to bother her so I sat and chatted with her husband (whose name I cant recall). He was great - supportive and there for Christie. They looked liked they just belonged together.
The Jewelry Center posted a little something - here is their link:
http://www.center4jewelrystudies.org/about.html

I know I will miss seeing her on Antiques Roadshow and reading her insightful and thoughful reviews on jewelry in any of her numerous books. She was generous with her knowledge and always had nothing but nice comments.

Thank you Christie!

No comments:

Post a Comment