Thursday, February 18, 2010

Art of the Americas 26th Annual - Marin County

SAN FRANCISCO TRIBAL ARTS WEEKEND February 12–14, 2010 The San Francisco Tribal & Textile Arts Show joins with the Marin Show bringing together more than 300 National and International Dealers to the San Francisco Bay Area to create the best tribal arts experience in the world.
____________________________________________

My friend has raved about this show for years. Finally, I got to go and ck it out for myself. I know that the emphasis is on Native American and Indian/Dead Pawn jewelry but I also know that every once in a while in that sea of sterling silver, there is inevitably some nice Mexican Sterling. Sure enough I was not disappointed and even met the folks from Deja Voodoo (ck their websit n da Gov't Mule song by same name). I spent sometime in their booth before finally moving on to oohing and aaahing Sassy and her vintage Mexican GOLD Oaxacan earrings. These are very rare - so she was very sweet, kindly waves me behind her table and she has a small SHOE BOX full of them!! She says she goes to Mex to buy them - they were soo awsome but at a $600 starting price it was too much for me. I was content with the ooogling.

I did snag a Los Ballesteros Necklace with Lapis or sodalite - an older piece that looks Modernist to me.

I also saw several Spratling, the HA Georgia O'Keefe belt, one or two Antonios - Oh, no wait, those were mine that I was wearing LOL!! Well, Deja Voodoo did have a couple at their booth and currently on their website.

Overall, it was a very good show and I was pleased with the set up and presentation - that and I didnt have to drive....

No comments:

Post a Comment