Monday, May 10, 2010

Mexican German Influences - Yeah, Its AGNES SEEBASS




I love her work - she's mentioned in the Big Book Of Mexican Silver (aka Penny Morrills's Mexican Silver). In conjunction with my Taxco silver, I also have a Scandinavian collection going. I love the sleek lines and excellent workmanship - the enamel work is also to die for. So its kinda cool that both worlds come together in Agnes Seebass. If you ck out this website slash article by Marbeth -

http://www.modernsilver.com/june07/agnesseebass.htm

it says that she visited and worked in the Los Castillo workshop...what it doesnt say is that Agnes and Wolmar Castillo were married but then divorced....

Still, Agnes' work is wonderful - love the silver matte color and yet it looks modernist. Agnes work is also on the westcoast at Hiosilver where the owner has trunk shows...havent been to one yet - maybe I can get my friend Katina to drive me out there some time....

Yes, I was lucky enough to get a necklace by her - yes, at the Maestros de Plata exhibit in San Antonio...Lucky me.

No comments:

Post a Comment