Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Taxco Silver Magazine 1968










I was taken by the cover of this 1968 book slash magazine. Its wonderful silverwork that looked baroque or turn of the century...

I just got this book and because it was 1968 I thought it would include all of the top and noted silversmiths from Taxco...instead only one silvershop was prominently featured: Los Castillo. Dont get me wrong - I love Los Castillo. But in 1968, I would have thought that other silvershops would have been buzzing with activity.

Its a good reference book for those interested in Los Castillo and Taxco.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for sharing that information! just FYI, I found several copies for sale on various websites going for hundreds of dollars (one for $500!), but then found one for $30 on eBay...

    ReplyDelete